Wednesday, August 15, 2007

soreeeeeeeee throat

It will be quite a hectic week for me and I'm glad it's already Wednesday. Stepping into the last two weeks of school, facilitators begin to be rather lenient and giving us freedom such as choosing our own group and they always say, just have fun and enjoy the last two lessons. I hope tomorrow’s creative concept will not be as draining as before and I need to sleep early tonight because a long day is awaiting me.

Anyway, this morning I accompanied mom for an appointment to Eye Specialist Center, and being the try-to-be-smart daughter, I devise a plan to make sure this appointment goes on smoothly (hate the waiting and queues, so reach there earlier means can return earlier). As I know we have to fight the morning working crowd, I told her we should board the next train that goes straight towards Pasir Ris instead of having to transfer train at Jurong. BUT, I realize everyone has the same thinking as me, and the train was extremely packed. Luckily, I was fast to spot some space two cabins away from where we were, and hurrying we displayed our lightning bolt speed and found ourselves in the train just before the door closed.

Well done, plan A step one accomplished, we’re early so we have sufficient time to queue for the shuttle bus later. But damn, although we are like fifteen to twenty minutes earlier, the queue is already as long as those that you see queuing for freebies. And for goodness sake, the shuttle bus is so small and is already filled with passengers, when it reaches our stop, only 5 to 7 can board at a time. We ended up reaching at 9.30am when the appointment is at 9am. My plan failed from then on and it was just waiting and waiting for evaluation, consultation, and billing. Although I brought a novel along, I don’t see myself taking it out and read, I was daydreaming and eavesdropping at others conversation throughout the 3 hours or so.

It feels great to be needed and depend on, I mean like I’m all grown up and I should be there for my parents now, instead of still depending on them like a small child. I like heading home after school and spend time with mom, well not exactly spending time with her but the fact that I could talk to her, helped her out with chores, groceries and everything makes me feel like a filial daughter, I should be anyway and it feels good. It seems all silly and childish now when I use to think that she always picked on me to do chores, now I feel that she needs me. So, the saying goes, if you change the way you look at things, the things you looked at change. I love mom, mama, mum, ma, mummy, mimi.

Sleepover and Sentosa soon… YAY (:

No comments: