Thursday, January 25, 2007

these days...

Cognitive lesson is ultimate relaxing today, Yayness. (: The guys were playing CS in class, some watching movies, msning. This class is almost like some internet cafe except you don't have to pay for the wireless service. But wait, i think we did pay as in school fees? Third meeting was nice, sharing of experiences with each other and the best part is, theres no need to do presentation slides.

Mmm, attended straight talk during the second breakout. The school invited journalist from CNA, bloomberg http://www.bloomberg.com/. Frankly speaking this is like the first talk that i pay close attention to (since most could hypnotize me) and was so engross in it. They shared about their job scope, their experiences, thoughts and feelings. I particularly like the part on how Haz (is that how the spelling goes?) gave her all, taking the risk to fetch information and just to get a news piece done when she was in Pakistan or was it Indonesia? Anyway, it dwells on me that they really are passionate about their job. And journalism isn't just about putting up a story for the public, fame you get on TV, its way more than that. I think its the same for all kinds of occupation, no passion = cannot stay long in that job. And getting a diploma won't bring you far. I think i must change my mindset of not entering Uni. NTU, here i come.

Yesterday, Wingtai called and i managed to secure a job with them. Soon I'll be starting work at Dorothy Perkins. Luckily its in some OG departmental store, meaning i probably don't have to do cashiering. Its quite tormenting to decide whether or not to work especially it'll be a long term part time job. I mean like, i want to enjoy polytechnic life, do whatever i like to do and all. Its gonna be so tiring juggling between school and work. I really admire some of my friends who could manage both so well. Anyway, I've already decide to work so as to meet my high standard of living. Of course not to the extreme that I've become materialistic, but rather rewarding myself at the end of this year by going to Taiwan for holiday (that's if i can press on working till this November). Why is it that some people seems to have endless cashflow? *grumbles

I dread school, i really do. All the powerpoint and excels are driving me insane. Two more weeks to go but it seems like two months. GAWD, =(
thats all.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: